Friday, July 25, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane

I'm unhooked, almost. No more wires attached to my head and face. No more fanny pack and leash. I'm just waiting for the say so for me to get the hell out of here. Haven't been outside since Monday morning, so I am ready for some fresh air. The tech came this morning to pull the wires off my head, it was great. I have open sores on my forehead from where she yanked the superglue off of my forehead, and I'm sure my hair will look stupendous from where it all broke off from where the glue/tape was. I do plan to spend most of the afternoon washing my hair, and shaving. Ewww, I feel like a hairy beast. I'm scared about trying on my pants after eating 3 meals a day and not moving around at all. 

The scary part about all of this is while I was talking to my doctor this morning about what the next step should be, he said that if the medicine continues to not work, surgery is an option. That scares the bejeezus out of me. Brain surgery? What???!!! That makes me want to cry just thinking about it. The other thing that scares the crap out of me is passing this on to girlie. I got it from my mom, so there is a likelihood that she could have it. Not for sure, it just depends on her gene makeup, but I am crossing every part of my body that I have that she does not get this. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. 

On a good note...I get to see girlie tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! Honestly, I haven't really missed her, which is odd, but I think it has something to do with the fact that I've been stuck here so it seems like the days haven't really passed at all. The flights are going to be so hard tomorrow because I will be so anxious to get there and see her. Some people dream about running into their spouse's arms after not seeing them, but my dream is to just grab her and not let her go.

They're taking out the IV. Time to go!!!!

3 comments:

Chastity said...

I'll pray for you, Ash. I imagine a brain surgery looming would not feel too great.

Also, you know you're supposed to eat three meals a day, right? lol. You always look great in pictures...super tiny.

Have fun on your trip to get P!!

Wendy said...

Have fun on your trip! You must be so excited to see her...right? LOL!! I'm sorry that I have been MIA on this blog. I guess that I forgot to add it to my reader. But here I am all caught up!!

Erin said...

Wow I had a lot to catch up on! Sorry I was MIA for all of that going on. You know you can always email me if you need somebody to talk to. I hope everything's going ok.